Commencing in 2012, AREAA Greater Los Angeles Super Summit event was the result of the leadership’s inspiration and passion for helping the real estate community and fellow practitioners. The burning question to be answered for the leadership was: What can we do that will be impactful to take our community to the next level? After much brainstorming and planning, we created the idea of providing an interactive, educational, and networking platform for the real estate community. This platform would be open to all who wanted to come and share their talents and resources.
The first Super Summit was launched in 2012 as a two day event. Over 750 people attended with approximately 100 of the attendees coming from out of state, some from as far as New York and Miami. It was the biggest real estate event hosted by a local minority trade organization. To this day, Super Summit is the biggest, and most successful real estate event of its kind, providing education, and networking opportunities, to help your professional goals and make a positive impact on our community.
We have gathered some of the most influential people in the world of Real Estate today. Come learn and be inspired by our speakers.
More to be announced soon!
Lewis C. Horne is President of the Pacific Southwest Division with responsibility for CBRE’s business in Southern California, Arizona and Hawaii.
In this role, Mr. Horne leads the strategic direction and performance of the firm’s Advisory Services business, which includes Advisory & Transaction Services, Asset Services, Capital Markets, Local Project Management and Valuations.
Mr. Horne is passionate about collaboration and actively promotes the integration of multiple disciplines to ensure well-conceived, strategic solutions for complex client assignments. This passion led him to become an early adopter and champion for workplace transformation, including Workplace Strategy, Experience Consulting, Change Management and Occupancy Management.
Mr. Horne is an active and well-respected leader in the Los Angeles community, regularly lending his voice, experience, and time to help create meaningful solutions for a wide variety of business and social issues, including the complex challenges around homelessness.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Horne held a variety of leadership positions in the company, beginning as an industrial brokerage professional in 1984 and quickly growing to become one of the top 3% of brokerage professionals company-wide. He has successfully grown his career at CBRE for more than 30 years.
GENERAL OPENING SESSION
James Huang /2020 AREAA National President
Chase, Lennar & Toll Brothers
New Home Builders – Where are the big boys building?
• Learn about the current challenges building homes in today’s market
• Learn where homebuilders are seeing a need in the market
• Learn what new homes are coming to your neighborhood
Glen Arellano /Chase
Don Heller /Liddel
Patrick Higgin /Lennar
Frank Su /Toll Brothers
Bank of America, Freddie Mac
Homebuyer and Homeowner Resources:
Counseling and Lending Assistance
• Learn how buyers and owners can get foreclosure prevention education and intervention counseling, assessment of mortgage readiness and down payment assistance through the Shalom Center
• Learn more about the Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County, which offers down payment assistance, administers the LIFT (national down payment assistance program) and other programs, develops affordable housing, and improves the neighborhoods
• Learn how Freddie Mac can provide access to affordable credit
Ivan Choi /Bank of America
Jee Lee /Shalom Center
Jesse Ibarra /LA County
Samuel Luna /Freddie Mac
Humanitarian Award and Speaker:
Lewis C. Horn /CBRE
Sponsor: Bank of the West
Top Producer Panel
• Our panelists comprise of top producing brokers/agents serving Los Angeles and Orange Counties, domestic and overseas clients
• Learn what has worked and does not work for successful agents/brokers
• Learn about using technology and other resources to use to grow your business
LC Beh /KW Exe
Tristan Ahumada /Lab Coats Agents
Christophe Choo /Coldwell Banker Realty
Mike Chou /KW Exe Chou Team
Jamie Tian /Rodeo Realty Fine Properties
Trends in Multifamily Development:
What’s Hot What’s Not!
• Learn from a developer what properties are preferred
• Learn from an architect what designs trends are of most interest, green features,and how to design cost efficiently.
• Learn from a lender on how to finance a multifamily project
Stephen Shiu /Sperry Commercial
Brooks Bennett /Luther Bank and Savings
Kesha Fisher /Gresystar
Luciana Varkulja /USC School of Architecture
GENERAL OPENING SESSION
Tenants In Common Interest Properties
• Solving the affordable housing crisis while creating value for owners by converting multiple unit properties into separate homes owned as tenants in common
• Learn how a fractional TIC sale works
• Learn how to finance a TIC
• Learn essential elements in every TIC agreement
Elizabeth MacDonald /La Rental Girl
Rosemarie Macguinness /SirkinLaw APC
Henry Jeanes /Sterling Bank and Trust
7 Immutable Laws of Success
• Get tips from Michael Simpson the Leading Authority on Commercial and Investment Sales
• His company, The NCREA (National Commercial Real Estate Association) is a national training, consulting, and coaching company responsible for training thousands transitioning into commercial real estate
• Both as an agent, and broker/franchise owner with 250+ agents, Michael is known for his massive personal success in residential and commercial real estate, having consistently closed 100 transactions per year.
Rich Ederlin /Sperry
Michael Simpson /NCREA
Sponsor: Key Bridge
CoStar State of the Multifamily and Retail Market
– Where are we in the real estate cycle?
• CoStar State of the Multifamily and Retail Market – Where are we in the real estate cycle?
• Macro and mircro statistics provided by the leading source of commercial real estate information
• Learn whether cap rates can continue to compress in the multil-family market
• Learn what is store for the future of retail
Steve Basham /Costar
Tax Strategies & Maximizing Retirement:
What Would Warren Buffet Do?
Tae Hoon Gang /Credence Financial
Daniel Hales /Citadel Law
Nelson Yeung /ERPA
COCKTAIL HOUR MIXER
@Kyoto Gardens /Double Tree Hotel
Free Admission for GLA members – join now!!
Please register for Keynote luncheon now – seating is limited!!
Special luncheon with keynote speaker
$50/seat for members
$70/seat for non members
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
120 S. Los Angeles St.